Thursday 10 September 2015

Varsha Rithu

It is raining here in Bengaluru and I simply love the rains. It is a absolute treat to the senses. Everything looks so beautiful. The sky, the trees, the rooftops,... The sky looks bluer than usual. The trees dance in the breeze as if they can hear music that no one else can. The raindrops dripping off roofs is a gripping sight.

I have always loved the rains and this piece that I had scribbled down in my diary 12 years ago is proof of that.

ये बारिश भी कितनी प्यारी चीज़ है ना ?
जब जब  आती है,
ठंडक लाती है,
दिलों में ख़ुशी जगाती है,
चेहरों पे मुस्कान छोड़ जाती है,
आँखों को  सुकून देती है,
सूखे जाड के पत्तों को  जीने की उम्मीद देती है!
ये  बारिश!
जब थम जाती है, तब भी
मिटटी की अनमोल खुशबू छोड़ जाती है!
ये बारिश!

The first essay I ever wrote in Hindi was about "Varsha Rithu". Yeah, yeah, someone else wrote that fo me. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment