Friday 19 September 2014

Till we meet again

I have been missing my friends throughout this week. It made me dig through old bits & pieces that remind me of all the good times I have spent with them. Here's one that's really close to my heart just like the friend I wrote it for:


Dear Shalaka,

I know I don’t have to say all this… You would probably already know… This is an opportunity of a lifetime and I’m not letting it pass. J I want you to know that I’ll always remember you for some good reasons and some… really good reasons. 

Today when I go down the memory lane, I can vividly remember your first day in GE. That day was special for me too because that was the day a friend was thrust into my life. Back then it didn’t occur to me what a great friendship I would eventually share with you but today I can proudly say that that was one awesome blessing. 

I have never paired with you in the true sense but would have definitely loved to. I have always admired your fearless attitude and that charming ability to quickly get along with anyone. Today when I remember all the moments we spent together, I feel grateful for having a friend like you. All the jokes, laughter, craziness, innocence (applies only to me :P) will always be some of my most cherished memories.

The way you imitate people without offending them makes it all the more enjoyable. That’s precisely the reason why I find myself laughing when you guys tease me all the time. ;) And I must credit Shailesh for his far-sightedness. Within a year of us joining, he used to tell me that he would let me sit next to you if I joined his team… :) He knew we would eventually become great friends even before we realized it.

I have known all along that you would leave some day… I was really happy, for you were embarking on a lovely journey. J But today when the time has come, the only thing I can think about is how much I would miss you… how different our lives would be at work without you… I want you to revel in the fact that you’ve been such a great friend to many out here and you’ve earned a lot of love and respect. You’ll be terribly missed but somewhere I can feel an inkling that you are not going to be away for long… Just this one thought brings a smile to my face.:)
 
Be just the way you are. Knowing you, I don’t think you would be any different even if I met you after a long, long time. Take care of yourself and keep in touch. Hope to see you soon… Uday ko bolti hoon mujhe Houston bhejne ko… Aur waise bhi ab jab mera engagement nahi hua hai, mere liye koi Houston wala doondna… :D

P.S.: You would have thought that if at all I came up with something for you it would have been a poem. But I felt a few rhyming words wouldn’t be enough to describe what you mean to me.

With lots of love,
Srividya

No comments:

Post a Comment